Monday, February 19, 2007

Compliments and Trail Mix

I got a compliment in an email recently from my most notorious instructor. It took me by surprise, as positive feedback from this person is rare. In fact, I was told to be proud. This actually scared me, I guess for several reasons - I'm being noticed, and I have expectations now. I've always been taught pride is bad, and humility is good, so I'm also hesitant to take this to heart. You know, the higher you are, the farther you will fall when you suck the next time, and that will hurt even more. And everyone will hate you. I just hope I don't fall flat next time and have any past success be credited mainly to luck. There are enough egos at school, they don't need another...as a classmate has said, sometimes the school isn't big enough to house them all.
But I am enjoying myself more now, I don't know if it's because the burden of concepting is over and it's time to construct, so I'm just used to little sleep and finding time constraints don't always hinder my creativity. I also am starting to like trail mixes, like the kind with nuts and seeds. I've always hated that crap, but now I feel like a hamster. Well, that's my random note for the day.

1 comment:

Becca said...

They have some pretty good trail-mix here in France. You should come and try it.