Monday, April 2, 2007

Toast to 2nd Quarter

Well, the craziness is about to start all over again . There's a little bit of excitement left in me, though if I hadn't been sucked back into the corporate world for the past few weeks, I would be a bit more reluctant. The miserable critique definitely sent me into a bit of depression once words settled in, yet the monotony of work, same old problems, and reminders of my worker bee position reminded me why I was back at school. As a note in case any of my beloved coworkers actually wander onto this site, perhaps you can understand. I like my job very much, but it's mainly the people and creative energy around me that I enjoy (ok, long lunches, access to all the design magazines, and more socializing, too). The fact that I can't partake much in that creative energy is what pushed me into grad school. That, and this position has room for zero growth, and there is zero initiative aside from my own moral obligation to do my best and please my team...ok and the paycheck. After two years there, I see that full time presence leads to deadly apathy. I enjoy my job now much more when it's on a part-time basis, and it provides a refreshing break from from the atrocities of school and the stressed population there. But anyway, I enjoyed the last few weeks in a way that I haven't enjoyed life in a long time. It was wonderful in all its relaxed simplicity. So, here are some highlights of times I will surely miss during the next 2 and a half months....

Stone Mountain

An unusually cold March day...must hover over smoke pit for warmth.

Fanta + Martini = Fantini



Salmon Sashlyk on the ghetto disposable grill.


It's hard to contains one's excitement for the laser light show at Stone Mountain.

Mum's Birthday


Who wouldn't want frog legs for a birthday dinner? They oh so fun to play with!


That's right, a vanilla cake...who would ever think..


Georgia Aquarium

You begin to wonder who the exhibit really is...


Fish and Happiness. We went to the Dekalb Farmers Market afterward and picked out some fish for dinner.
Shashlyk at Chastain

The Masterpiece!

Our new "portable" grill...which should have been assembled during daylight.

Zastee Warrior Chase!


The deliverable


We love shuttlecocks!

Visit from the Yanks


My aunt, grandmother and cousin stop by during a visit from New York

What's a family visit without trying Korean salted duck eggs. Approved by the grandmother, rejected by the hub

Mum gives birth to her own egg
The End.

No comments: