Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Gallopping into new territory

So it's been two days at Portfolio Center, and I already feel like I've been there for a very very long time (except when I accidentally walk into a class of upperclassmen)...and I haven't even done anything! Information overload, I guess, and my mind has just been wrapped around preparing for that whole time management thing - a challenge for unorganized me. I look back at what I was doing a week ago, and it seems so far away. Those coworkers I spent everyday with are now so removed from me, and a new world of people and mindsets are slowly enveloping me. Spunbond? Print Requests? Stacy-isms? What are those?

The uncertainty of what will happen this quarter gets more nerve racking the more I talk to people...but in return I feel very alive.

Anyway, to give myself a little space from all this newness, I'm working on more renovation on my bathroom. For you who have never seen it, it is very frightening. Two words: bunny tiles. It's the only room we haven't renovated yet, and in fact nothing has been touched. We've never used the shower, except to throw paint rollers in the tub. The crusty bright yellow venetian plaster that greets the pink tiles on the walls has long scared anyone away. So, now it's time for its low budget face lift.
I warned you they were scary...

And yes, I feel guilty, I should be working on my assignments and following that whole time management thing. For Emotive Type: Develop a musician/band, create in-depth bio of band, 100 thumbnail sketches of type-based logos for them, and write a song they would perform - by next Wednesday. And tomorrow is the most feared class from the rumors I've heard, Design Aesthetics with Sylvia. We'll see at 8:00 am tomorrow.

Pig is calling, time for tea...

No comments: