Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pigs go marching on...

My eye turned red and started swelling shut thus week, but I haven't had time to go to the doc. It's getting better though - I think my eyes just want a little more closed time.

Work piles on and on...suddenly those first weeks don't seem so bad...just sketching and concepting, did it really take so much time? Now things are moving into making and producing - stuff that can't be done just hours before class..which is how a lot has been going as I scurry around trying to play catch up at the last minute. I just can't get ahead of the game. On the glass is half full side, I guess you could say I'm running parallel with the game, or just shortly trailing behind. I bring stuff in, it may be mediocre, but it's there in hopes of turning into something better...but I fear it won't with all my running to just keep up. Well, a lovely 6:30 am meeting with Hank on Sunday morning was just scheduled, maybe there will be some great and amazing breakthroughs there...

Anyway, I wish I could talk about something other than school, but that's all that's going on...it's weird to spend time at my job away from the pressure of everything, and I'm very glad to have the resources there that I do...it's so hard to work especially some place 30-40 minutes away, but I don't want to cut my ties there either...pantone books, HOW magazine and wide format printing! Oh yeah, and amusing coworkers.

Anyway, the pigs go marching on...

2 comments:

Becca said...

Yay the stresses of school and working at the same time. It's very difficult to keep a balance.

Just remember, if you need a break, there's always a nice futon in Lille waiting for you. Everybody comes to France for inspiration... it's your time to use that excuse!

Anyhow... take care (and don't forget to get some sleep)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.