Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Over it.

It's over. 1st quarter. The thing that has occupied every bit of my mind heart and soul for the past 2 and a half months. and now a little break before it starts all over again. Everything was down to the wire, last minute, sleepless. i was even late to my critique. I was actually excited to go to critique and interact with the panel of judges, but once I stepped into the room I could tell it wasn't going to be such a fun endeavor. Tough crowd. I felt like show and tell to 8th graders - lots of bored looks and cynical remarks. My double CD set "feels like a coffin". My other CD package had "no real content or character". Two of the four judges said they didn't even see my animal in my precious DA poster. Well, I don't need to go on all the negatives, 25 minutes of brow beating could take up a lot of time. I think a few positive things were said, but with all the stress and chaos and lack of sleep, it didn't stick. There was a truly grumpy lady on the panel - made Sylvia look like a saint. She said that I paid attention to texture, so it show I learned "something".
So, I've had a day to reflect on it, and I'm feeling pretty down. I know everyone is elated it's over and out celebrating, but I see no reason to celebrate, and I'm pretty isolated from theo people anyway. Pig and I did go out for LaFonda margaritas, and if it wasn't for him and a small circle of friends, I would be utterly depressed. Needless to say, I'm dreading the next critique. I put everything into these projects, so I'm not very excited about moving forward.
Give me a little time for some more rest, and I'll see if my mood improves.

1 comment:

Tracie Mae said...

Awwwww...silly head...
I'm sure your critique went fine. A lady in my critique said that out of 11 of the writing projects I turned in, 6 were about sex and she "...was very disappointed with that choice." Oops...sorry lady! I don't have a boyfriend right now! teehee. So don't stress about it. Besides, those people had to have been blind if they couldn't see that damn pig in that poster. Next quarter you'll get more sleep (hopefully), and be on time to your critique and blow the panel out of the water!! Your stuff is like hella cool, we all know it - You should know it too!